This is a unique business development package offering organisations co-delivered workshops from adult social care and public health commissioners at Solihull Council and sector specialists at Development in Social Enterprise (DISE).
The programme is fully funded by Solihull Council and backed by Solihull Together for better lives, a partnership of local health and social care organisations working together to improve the co-ordination of services in the borough.
Dave Lane, Managing Director of DISE said:
“This investment recognises the essential role the VCSE sector plays in meeting the health and social care needs of Solihull residents particularly the most vulnerable. We’re really excited to be working in partnership with Solihull Council to support the sector to become more resilient, effective, commission and tender ready, leading to improved outcomes for our communities.”
The programme runs until March 2016 and kicks off with a series of workshops to prepare organisations for the changing commissioning and procurement landscape. A limited number of organisations will also be able to access one to one support.
Amongst the topics to be covered include:
- Data Protection & Confidentiality
- Safeguarding (Children and Adult)
- Performance Data, Measurement and Management
- Intervention Fidelity / Evidence Based Practice
- Solihull Council Procurement / Commissioning Cycle
- Tendering / Bid Writing
- Full Cost Recovery
- Outcome Based Commissioning
- Equality and Diversity
- DDA Requirements
- Ethics and Codes of Conduct
- Risk Assessment / Management
- Role of Trustees
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Communication Skills (including Making Every Contact Count)
- Marketing / Social Media